ocba - Re: [ocba] Extracting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org, Lori Kroothoep <zoeteke AT me.com>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Extracting
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:39:23 -0400

Lori,

Remove it from the fridge and let it warm up to room temperature before uncapping. Even better than room temperature today would be back porch temperature. :-) I would expect any condensation to dry after a while as it warms, no problem at all. Give it plenty of time and plenty of ventilation (don't seal the comb up in an airtight container).

You'll want it nice and warm before attempting to extract anyway. Warm honey comes out of the comb easily; cool honey does not.

Have fun!

Randall Austin