ocba - [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] NCSBA Bee Buzz submissions -- guidelines and deadlines

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] NCSBA Bee Buzz submissions -- guidelines and deadlines
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 13:01:46 -0400

I know several people are working on articles.

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh

Begin forwarded message:

From: Suzy Spencer via Chapters <chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org>
Date: July 1, 2016 at 11:34:38 AM EDT
To: chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org

To NCSBA Chapter contacts to share with your other officers and members

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE BEE BUZZ.

NC Beekeeper Chapter Members:
We welcome YOUR story submissions and photographs for upcoming Bee Buzz Issues!

FOR STORIES:
Please send your original stories to us. Even if the story is “out of season” we may keep it to run in a future issue. When submitting stories, please keep these things in mind:

- Is the article seasonally related to the upcoming issue? Example: next issue will be FALL 2016
- Is the Article related to Beekeeping or a Beekeeping-related subject?
- Please send information on the Author including name, location, and your local Beekeeping Chapter (if applicable)
- Please try to include related photographs when possible. Please do not resize the photos. We would like to get them in the highest resolution possible. Also, please do not imbed the photos into the story, but rather send them as separate files.
- For email submissions: Please submit stories in Microsoft Word format when possible. If you do not have it, you can send a .txt file.
- If you do not have email access you may send in your submissions via USPS mail.
- Please limit your submissions to 3 per quarter / 12 per year

USPS mail submissions:            e-mail submissions:
Lane Kreitlow                beebuzzcontent AT ncbeekeepers.org
7110 Eastridge Dr.
Apex, NC 27539

FOR PHOTOS:
Please send your original photographs to us. Even if the photo is “out of season” we may keep it to run in a future issue. When submitting photos, please keep these things in mind:

- Is the photo seasonally related to the upcoming issue? Example: next issue will be FALL 2016. Do you have relevant photos from last Fall?
- Please send information on the photographer including name, location, and your local Beekeeping Chapter (if applicable)
- Please include a caption for your photo.
- Please do not resize the photos. We would like to get them in the highest resolution possible. Also, please do not combine, but rather send them as separate files.
- For email submissions: Please submit photos in high quality JPG or TIFF format when possible.
- If you do not have email access you may send in your submissions via USPS mail. USPS mailed photos will not be returned.
- Please limit your submissions to 3 per quarter / 12 per year

USPS mail submissions:            e-mail submissions:
Jody Moore                beebuzzeditor AT ncbeekeepers.org
PO Box 1771
Pittsboro NC 27312

By submitting your stories and photos, you are giving consent for us to use your content in upcoming Bee Buzz issues. If your story or photo is not run in the next issue, there is no need to re-submit. We will keep submissions for possible use in future issues. We reserve the right to use or edit any submissions received. Of course, not all submissions will be used, due to space constraints, timing, and subject matter. Please do not take it personally if your material is not used immediately. It might just show up in the future.
So, don’t be shy – Send us your best!

2016 BEE BUZZ DEADLINES

FALL ISSUE (Planned Mailing Date ~ September 1)

- Story & Photo Submissions: July 21

WINTER ISSUE (Planned Mailing Date ~ December 1)

- Story & Photo Submissions: October 21