ocba - [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest issue of the Wolfpack's Waggle

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest issue of the Wolfpack's Waggle
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:41:08 -0400

Latest issue of Wolfpack Waggle is now available.

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh

Begin forwarded message:

From: "*EC Spencer, Suzy MemSec via Chapters" <chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org>
Date: April 29, 2016 at 11:58:41 AM EDT
To: chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org

I was asked by Dr. Tarpy to forward the following to the Chapters email list.

Hi everyone,

Greetings from the NC State Apiculture Program! You can now access our latest issue of the our program's newsletter, the Wolfpack's Waggle, which can also be found as usual through:

https://www.ces.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Waggle_2016-2.pdf

It’s been a busy spring thus far, and things are only just beginning! Carl successfully passed his oral exams and has now advanced to candidacy, which means he is now down the home stretch in writing up his three thesis chapters. James has launched into a new research project on queen reproductive quality and the shipping of packaged queens. Hongmei continues to makes strides in her research projects on the bioinformatics of IAPV and new genomic tools. Parry, who only joined our program in November, has been making great headway into the BIP virus project by re-running all ~2,400 colony samples for better genetic information as well as analyzing the complex dataset. Hannah has done a fantastic job in coordinating all of the 18 different research stations across the state in their planting of pollinator habitats and is just now starting to collect samples from the field. Jennifer has been keeping busy in colony splits to keep ahead of the swarming season, and in doing so has already doubled our overwintered population. That means we’re ready for summer!

I hope everyone is doing great during this busiest of bee seasons! Sincerely, David

******************************
David R. Tarpy
Professor and Extension Apiculturist
Department of Entomology, Campus Box 7613
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7613
TEL: (919) 515-1660
FAX: (919) 515-7746