ocba - Re: [ocba] new update...more info

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] new update...more info
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 19:20:08 -0400

I particularly liked the quote, "I think people who get into beekeeping need to know that it requires maintenance. You wouldn't get a dog and not take it to the vet, for example. People need to know what is going on with the livestock they're managing."

Managing and effectively treating varroa is a challenge for every beekeeper just like managing and effectively treating heartworms, ticks and fleas for our dogs.

John Rintoul