ocba - Re: [ocba] Feeding solution for new hives

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Rob Cook <crookkohler AT bellsouth.net>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Feeding solution for new hives
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 12:52:03 -0400

I use a 1:1 sugar/water solution for new packages. As far as additives, there are quite a few offered by various bee supply companies. Honey B Healthy is one example. The manufacturers claim that these additives will make your bees healthier, but I've never seen any results from any research that confirms this or refutes it.

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh