ocba - Re: [ocba] Sugar shake

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: Lori Kroothoep <zoeteke AT me.com>, <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Sugar shake
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 14:37:32 -0400

If you zoom in on the photo you can see long antenna (among other
morphological items) that mites don¹t have. They look more like some sort
of gnat.

If you didn¹t get a sample of 300 bees, I would do it again. It is better
to oversample than under sample. It will be a bit cool to do it tomorrow
but the weather looks decent for Wednesday.

~Todd