ocba - Re: [ocba] What is going on?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: vbateman AT aol.com
  • To: mtwalker AT imageray.net, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] What is going on?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 20:28:19 -0400

Todd, you win.  Apparently, (notwithstanding the bear (not) that ruined the gate, we are the lucky beneficiaries of someone's swarm.  We had noticed a few bees, apparently scouts, checking us out the last couple of weeks, and then a group of bees for sure yesterday had moved in----but little did we know that the whole swarm would come this afternoon in spades.  We actually heard them all before we saw them and over the course of an hour, they literally poured into the hive.  It was truly an amazing sight. Valerie

Valerie Bateman
209 Ridgecrest Dr.
Chapel Hill, NC  27514