ocba - [ocba] New beekeeper looking to shadow/apprentice

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Fadem, Bronwyn Elizabeth" <bfadem AT live.unc.edu>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] New beekeeper looking to shadow/apprentice
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 23:04:41 +0000

Hello all!

My name is Bronwyn Fadem, and I'm a 22 year old looking to get into beekeeping. I was referred to OCBA by Anne Cabell. I have been involved in community supported/sustainable agriculture for the past six years, and since considering the importance and excitement of beekeeping in sustainable ag, I'd like to learn the art myself. I am a member of the UNC student-run non-profit, Hope Gardens, and co-founder of their initiative, Herban Garden, that aims to nurture and inspire youth in communities of color to pursue food cultivation.

I'd like to shadow hobby beekeepers and/or apprentice a larger-scale commercial beekeeper, if possible. I'm a full-time student at UNC, but I do have flexibility throughout the week and will have even more time this summer. I am a diligent worker and an extremely fast learner. Furthermore, Hope Gardens has two hives at our urban farm on Homestead Rd. (one of which probably needs to be split very soon) that I would like assistance with and can maintain for practice and personal growth. Hope Gardens and Herban Garden also has many opportunities for comunity education and engagement if anyone is interested in speaking with UNC students and/or middle schoolers.

I look forward to connecting with some of you, and hope to make it to a meeting before too long.

Thanks so much!

Bronwyn

  • [ocba] New beekeeper looking to shadow/apprentice, Fadem, Bronwyn Elizabeth, 03/27/2016