ocba - [ocba] Many little winged ones around hive

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Mark Smith <mgeesmith AT juno.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Home <MGEESMITH AT JUNO.COM>
  • Subject: [ocba] Many little winged ones around hive
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 23:48:24 -0400

Hey, folks –
Just took a look at our hive, which we are about to do a split with, and
found a lot of small winged things around it – see picture, hopefully! Maybe
3/16" long, white folded-back wings, Don't know where they came from, but
with all this warm weather, lots of bugs have been hatching out in our
garden/yard. A few of them seem to be wandering into the hive, and there seem
to be a lot of the white wings scattered on the ground underneath the
screened bottom of the hive?
Any clues would be gratefully received!
Mark & Katja

JPEG image