ocba - Re: [ocba] Sugar shake

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Sugar shake
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 19:53:40 -0400

The MAQS folks recommend doing post treatment sampling 16 days after the treatment period.  The treatment period is 7 days, so 23 days after you placed the strips on the hive.  Now would be a good time to remove the strips and double check that you still have a laying queen, but wait a while before sampling.

Lewis