ocba - [ocba] New Year ...hope on horizon

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: "<ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] New Year ...hope on horizon
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:06:40 -0500

Hope your girls are staying warm in this ice.

Winter time is bee reading and current research time. Mend the boxes and hope
for bees come march.

As a long time outspoken agent for the bees its with partial excitement this
new direction of bee health is moving i share this uodate.

Literally fighting with bee folks over 4 years about getting neonics out of
our eco system its good to see the slow wheels of progress moving finally.

International science group Xerces Society sums up the EPA response best here:

http://www.xerces.org/blog/epa-preliminary-risk-assessment-for-the-neonicotinoid-insecticide-imidacloprid/

Its a start, but what about the over 4,000 native bees, the monarchs and
recent studies on mixed chemicals...like they are being used in fields?!

Why was that deliberately omitted in this EPA study?? To really understand
the issues we can not be afraid to study their realistic living conditions.
Common sense to me. Then change what is wrong.

Only way forward. Hope you dig deeper into other pollinator articles while
there. The Xerces Society is a 45 yr old open sourced science peer
group...not funded by a big ag co with skin in the outcome.

Happy New Year!
just bee

"where the bees thrive....so shall we"

Sent from my iPhone

  • [ocba] New Year ...hope on horizon, Marty Hanks, 01/22/2016