ocba - [ocba] Master Beekeeper Program Study Group

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Master Beekeeper Program Study Group
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:18:39 -0500

As was announced at the OCBA meeting last night, we are forming a Master Beekeeper Program Study Group to support folks who are working to progress to the next step in the NCSBA's MBP. The goal is to meet a half dozen or so times, perhaps once a month, between now and the NCSBA's summer meeting, when testing will be conducted. It will be conducted at other times as well; this just gives us a tangible target date. You may participate even if you aren't eligible for this summer's testing session.

We'll use the NCSBA MBP Study Guide as the general curriculum. The group will be given reading assignments prior to each meeting, then we'll meet to review what we've learned.

Each person will develop a personal Action Plan for satisfying the requirements of the next step (knowledge, service credits and demonstration of competency, depending on the level) and the group will help each other, to the extent possible, with fulfilling that plan.

We already have a good-sized group of folks who want to participate. If we are fortunate enough to have too many people, we can consider forming more than one group or holding the sessions more than one round per year.

Please note that the discussions will be intermediate to advanced and won't really be appropriate for brand-new beekeepers. That said, we don't have any specific prerequisites for attending this first round other than a desire to progress in the MBP, so if you feel you can keep up, please join us. But if the study group concept is successful, we will continue it in future, so don't think this will be your one and only chance.

If you would like to participate, send me an e-mail at ra41717 AT gmail.com (DO NOT REPLY TO THE ENTIRE LISTSERV!!!). Include your name, e-mail, street address and current MBP level.

Randall Austin

  • [ocba] Master Beekeeper Program Study Group, Randall Austin, 01/15/2016