ocba - [ocba] Up and coming WAX WORKSHOP!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: k <katrina501 AT aol.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Up and coming WAX WORKSHOP!
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 22:03:36 -0400

We had a great August meeting starring Shannon Baxter from Baxter's Bees who shared many of her secrets for creations from products in your hive. September meeting will feature Geneva Green landscaper extraordinaire and Master Beekeeper along with Don Hopkins Supervisor of NC's Honey Bee inspectors sharing with us details about how to prepare entries to the state fair.

In addition, Geneva and Inge Kautzman will put on a wax workshop at Geneva's house on Saturday September 5th from 10:00 am - 12:00 noon. She lives at 7211 Wilkerson Road Cedar Grove 27231. The easiest way is to come up 86N., turn right on Sawmill Road, turn left on Wilkerson, the first real road on the left and then cross the creek, go past the white barn and she is the second house on the right, clearly numbered. You only need to show up, but if you have molds of any kind please bring them.  I'll be going to Michaels, and AC Moore crafts stores to see if I can find molds that strike my fancy. Please think about coming and expanding your knowledge of beekeeping in a new area. greenstonegeneva AT gmail.com

Cynthia Speed
Co-president OCBA

  • [ocba] Up and coming WAX WORKSHOP!, k, 08/27/2015