ocba - [ocba] Fwd: Invitation to join North Carolina Hive Monitoring Network Project

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: Invitation to join North Carolina Hive Monitoring Network Project
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 19:05:43 -0400

Thought I would forward this just in case anyone is interested in signing up. It was originally sent to Chatham County Beekeepers Association but it’s my understanding that it’s open to all North Carolina beekeepers.
___________________

Walter Starks

Begin forwarded message:

I am Alex Jones, founder and CEO of Apiara Hive Technologies based in Portland, Maine. We are an early-stage company developing a remote honey bee activity monitoring device to help beekeepers and researchers better track colony health across the country.

This year we have received grant funding to build the first statewide hive monitoring network. Our system can track nectar flow and colony health, and participating beekeepers will be able to remotely check their own hives as well as hives across the state.

We believe North Carolina is the perfect state for piloting this project with one of the biggest and most active beekeeping community in the nation. So we are reaching out to all bee clubs in North Carolina to invite up to 50 clubs to join us in building the first statewide hive monitoring network in the United States.

We would like to invite your club to take a look at our program, see if it is a good fit for your membership, consider partnering with us in this project. 90% of the costs will be covered by the grant and participating beekeeper will be able to use our newest hive monitoring system.

For more details, please click this link to see our official solicitation. Please share it with your members and leaders of other clubs who may be interested in the program (www.apiara.com/ncproject). If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact me or our project coordinator Michael Yang.

Thank you for your time, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Alex Jones
Founder/CEO
Apiara Hive Technologies