ocba - Re: [ocba] New bees/beekeeper and burning of brush

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Meredith Friedrick <friema16 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] New bees/beekeeper and burning of brush
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 08:58:43 -0400

If it's only going to take 2 or 3 days for the loggers to finish, you could
hold off installing the packages. Just mist them with some sugar water and
put them in a dark space where they won't get overheated.

If it's going to be an extended wait for the logging, I would think it would
be best to install the bees somewhere well away from the work and smoke. You
can move them to the preferred location after the work is complete. Probably
lose a few bees in the move, but that's better than having them abscond.

______

Walter

Sent from my iPhone