ocba - Re: [ocba] Wasps

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Starks, Walter" <Walter.Starks AT facilities.unc.edu>
  • To: Meredith Friedrick <friema16 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Wasps
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:17:30 +0000

Assuming you're talking about paper wasps, I wouldn't think they'd be an
issue at all for the bees. I never see any around my hives. Mostly yellow
jackets and hornets. Those have never really caused me much problems either.
IMO wasp/hornet insecticides would be much more of a problem. I expect that
anything which kills wasps would also kill bees.

______

Walter

Sent from my iPhone