ocba - [ocba] Wasps

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Meredith Friedrick <friema16 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Wasps
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:07:11 -0500

I will be getting my first ever package of bees in late March.  Every year we have a couple of wasp nests in the very high eaves of our roof.  They typically cause no problems, so we've pretty much just let them be.  I'm wondering if they will cause my new bees any problems and, if so, whether I should do something proactive to forestall them (I would hate to use any poisons).

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Meredith Friedrick

  • [ocba] Wasps, Meredith Friedrick, 02/24/2015