ocba - Re: [ocba] Bee-havior

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Bee-havior
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:54:11 -0400 (EDT)

I have witnessed mild robbing behavior in the last 7 days, so this would be my best guess.  If you are using an inner cover with a ventilation notch in it, I suspect that the notch is in the back of the hive.  Scootch your tele top forward to close off the ventilation hole and see if things mellow in a day or so.  Either way, I do not think it is a big deal.

Lewis