ocba - Re: [ocba] Dead bees on screened covers

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: "Starks, Walter" <Walter.Starks AT facilities.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Dead bees on screened covers
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 22:05:29 -0400

Um yea that's a bad thing.
You have to keep top feeders closed off. In a sense you put an open feeder on
the top of your hive...lots of fighting ensued.

Your bottom screen cover should be more than fine. Remember these are bees
who came from trees. there is no upper or lower opening like that in a tree.

I always close off the top entrance when using a top feeder.

Marty

Sent from my iPhone