ocba - [ocba] Dead bees on screened covers

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Starks, Walter" <Walter.Starks AT facilities.unc.edu>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Dead bees on screened covers
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 21:18:05 +0000

I've been seeing a lot of bearding on my hives so decided to install screened
inner covers on the tops of all my hives. I went in them today to refill the
top feeders and found very large numbers of dead bees (100+) on top of all
the screens. Of course I removed all the screened covers, but I'm wondering
if this sort of thing is common with the screens?

______

Walter