ocba - [ocba] Hive Placement in Southern Orange County?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Perdita Holtz <perdita_holtz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Hive Placement in Southern Orange County?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello ListServ,

I live in southern Orange County (White Cross, right off of Highway 54 just west of Dodson's Crossroads) and have a fairly robust vegetable garden (and an area of my yard planted with mostly flowers). I'm interested in getting more pollinators on my property for the vegetable garden. Does anyone know of any local beekeepers who might be interested in placing a hive on properties they don't own? I'm not a beekeeper but would be willing to do some basic looking after of the colony.

Thanks,

Perdita Holtz
perdita_holtz AT yahoo.com