ocba - [ocba] Volunteer Request -- Orange County Farm-to-Table Event

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Rex L. Williams, Jr." <rexwilliams.03 AT gmail.com>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Volunteer Request -- Orange County Farm-to-Table Event
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 12:33:47 -0400

Hello Fellow Beekeepers,

We have received a request for a booth at an upcoming field trip event for local students.  On Friday, September 27th, Orange County is hosting a Farm-to-Table field trip for 4th grade students.  The program is a collection of 8 different booths that are intended to educate students on where food comes from and how it is produced.  OCBA has been specifically requested to host one of the tables to discuss honey production and beekeeping.

The event will run from 10am-noon.  The observation hive and at least 2 volunteers were requested.  Lunch will be provided and honey may be sold, though the market may be rather small.

They are hoping to hear back from us about our availability in the next few weeks so that they can continue to plan the event.  Please let me know if any of you may be able to assist.

Rex

Rex Williams

OCBA, Director

979-218-8728

rexwilliams.03 AT gmail.com

  • [ocba] Volunteer Request -- Orange County Farm-to-Table Event, Rex L. Williams, Jr., 06/07/2013