ocba - [ocba] Experience with permethrin/synthetic permethrin yard sprays?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Experience with permethrin/synthetic permethrin yard sprays?
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 10:42:31 -0400

Long story, but there's going to be a "small" wedding in my front yard
next weekend (a last minute thing), and my friend the groom wants to
put out some chemical spray to kill/repel the ticks, chiggers and
reduce yellow flies/mosquitos and wanted to spray some of the front
yard with a diy (as opposed to paying a company) bottle. My bees are
out back and shouldn't get any overspray, and there won't be any
forage out there, so they shouldn't be foraging out there... But I'm
still a little worried. Anybody have any experience with this? There
are lots of these "mosquito squad" type operations around the city,
but it's different when it's in my front yard...

Best,
Blair

  • [ocba] Experience with permethrin/synthetic permethrin yard sprays?, Blair Christian, 05/22/2013