ocba - [ocba] Can the list be wrong?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Can the list be wrong?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 19:11:54 -0500

Valerie sent an email to the OCBA saying her bees weren't taking any sugar water and she was afraid they might swarm.   I personally assured her that it was too early and too cold for swarms.  Imagine my surprise when she called me to say that there was a swarm in her yard.  It luckily turned out to be one of the easiest swarms I have ever encountered and is now safely in its new home.
With a hive recently swarmed and a new swarm in a hive, I wonder if we can offer her any better advice for their care.
thanks for your help
Geneva