ocba - Re: [ocba] Bee Wasting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Bee Wasting
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:14:10 -0500 (EST)

Anne,

I sketched up the attached photo a bit to circle a few of the tell tale bee poop streaks.

It may not actually be nosema, but these are certainly signs that we should start there first.  It may just be that the bees have been unable to get out and fly during this rough patch of weather.

Jamie Ellis does a good job of hitting the nosema high points in this Youtube video