ocba - Re: [ocba] "Live and Let Die" and Spring Meeting Info

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Chris Burtner <chris AT campchestnutridge.org>
  • To: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] "Live and Let Die" and Spring Meeting Info
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 21:52:25 -0500

Another opportunity:

Honeybee Sanctuary Fundraiser
Lewis Ginter Botanical Sanctuary in Richmond, VA - Saturday February 23, 11:30 am - 2:00 pm

Whole Foods has an exciting fundraiser coming up on Saturday, February 23rd for the Spikenard Farm Honeybee Sanctuary in Floyd, VA. The fundraising luncheon will be at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond. The founder of the sanctuary, Gunther Hauk, will be the keynote speaker. In addition to being a world renowned biodynamic beekeeper, Gunther has been featured in the films Vanishing of the Bees and Queen of the Sun.  The event includes a buffet lunch, and tickets are $40 per person, with every penny going to the Honeybee Sanctuary. See attached flyer for more.

Chris Burtner
Equestrian Programs Director
Farm Manager, The Community Farm at Chestnut Ridge
Chestnut Ridge Camp and Retreat Center
Efland, NC
(919) 338-2820 - office
(919) 414-3273 - mobile