ocba - Re: [ocba] Queens not released

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Jim Musson" <jim AT musson.org>
  • To: "Cheryl Kozel" <cherylkozel1641 AT att.net>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Queens not released
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 17:51:16 -0400

I installed a package on Saturday, yesterday evening my queen was still in her box and a lot of wax was left so I removed the fiberglass mesh and put the box back in the hive.

I hung the box between 2 frames (I took one out) using a couple of thin nails.  You may want to try that method next time so it doesn’t get stuck.

I wouldn’t worry about the foundation getting messed up you can easily replace it or you can just leave it with a hole in it.

Can’t comment on what to do about the queen cell.

I’m north of Hillsborough or I would offer to help.

Jim Musson
Digital Computer Services
105 W King St Suite 201
Hillsborough NC 27278