ocba - Re: [ocba] [NaturalBeesinNC] Swarm caught yesterday

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com, Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] [NaturalBeesinNC] Swarm caught yesterday
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:23:26 -0400

Congrats on makeing a wise choice Randy....most would be tempted by the larger!

was the smaller swarm just below the larger or near it on the same side?? Just wondering if that is the first place the queen went to then decide to move up a bit.

what time did you go over there?? i had a swarm here at my place yesterday arond 3pm. Its the 4th swarm i know of in the last few weeks that are taking off later in the day. Thats just the 4 i know of...anyone else seen any trend to swarm times?? seems to be going against the earlier i had heard that they might go mid morning....thoughts??

my 2 cents...check for a queen...if not then yea do a combo.
mh