ocba - Re: [ocba] Update on robbing, fighting...

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: laura moore <lauramooredesigns AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <blair.christian AT gmail.com>, <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Update on robbing, fighting...
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 01:30:13 +0000

For a robbing situation last year:

We put a wet white sheet over the hive being robbed and draped over the front so bees could still get out but made it harder for bees to get to the hive. We used the smallest reducer space on that hive. And then we took the reducer off the other hives and put some powered sugar on their front porch and gave them something else to do. Both hives finally settled down.

This is a strange spring for sure.

Laura Moore
614 Morgan Creek Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27517