ocba - [ocba] Golden Raintree Seed Update...

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Golden Raintree Seed Update...
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 22:45:45 -0500

Hi All,

There were many responses to my email for seed requests and invasive
plant warnings. The plant is allegedly invasive in southern areas of
the US from CA to TX to FL, especially in zones 9+. It grows in lots
of other zones, but doesn't appear to be "as invasive" and is
classified as an exotic. Also, it may attract large numbers
(millions) of bugs. In hindsight, I'm not going to order any seeds.
I'm sure Geneva can tell us about some better alternatives for our
region.

http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/parks/golden_rain_tree.html
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1778/#b
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jadera_haematoloma

Best,
Blair

  • [ocba] Golden Raintree Seed Update..., Blair Christian, 02/10/2012