ocba - [ocba] Volunteers for ocba bee school

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: OCBA-list server <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Volunteers for ocba bee school
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 12:58:28 -0500

Hi
Thanks to all of you who have  volunteered to help with the OCBA bee school.  Below is the schedule of speakers and the names of the volunteers for each session.  We will be setting up at 6:30 and should be done by 9 at Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Hillsborough, 1710 Old NC 10.  One thing we need to do is to help with parking since the lot is tight and we will need make sure that people park close together and move into the overflow parking which will be on the East side of Lawrence Road.

January 10 Introduction to Beekeeping: Todd Walker
Marty Hanks

January 17 Anatomy: Jen Keller
Lucy Wilson and Chris Richmond

January 24 Bees as Social Insects: Todd Walker
Elizabeth Collins

January 31 Beekeeping Equipment: Lewis Cauble
Carol and Greg Yarelak

Field Day Saturday, February 4: Master Beekeepers, Lew’s shop

February 7 Getting Started:  Will Hicks
David Bailey

February 14 Plants for Bees in NC: Geneva Green
Volker Mittendorf and Elizabeth Collins

February 21 Products of the Hive:  David Langham
Gayle Young and David Bailey

February 28 Diseases, Pests, and Treatments:  Don Hopkins
Carol And Greg Yarelak

March 6  Seasonal Management:  Adolphus Leonard
Kitty and Chuck Cunningham

March 13 Review and Certification Exam: Master Beekeepers Panel

March 17 Field Day (weather permitting) [Saturday 9- 12]:  Master Beekeepers

Anyone interested in helping out with our two field days, please contact me.

Once again, Thank You!
Geneva Green
gggreen @mindspring.com