ocba - Re: [ocba] Pleasant Surprise

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: mhanks <mhanks7 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>, OCBA-list server <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Pleasant Surprise
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 18:54:16 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Lewis,

That's good to hear...we have 2 honeysuckle bushes blooming as well. i guess
this last wave of warm air is making for an early winter snack for the girls!
;-) Thanks for sharing...I'm gonna head out tomorrow w/ the kids (since its
gonna be 67 outside) and see if we can see our girls on any maples.

on another note: As the sun set today, i sat near one of my hives reading a
couple chapters from Langstroth's Hive and the Honey Bee (thanks santa) and
watched as the girls not only pushed away the last of this years flies, but
on three occasions they grabbed them and flew off! It was the first time i
saw this for myself. They were very diligent and this active behavior is a
great thing to see this time of year.

Hope Everyone has a GREAT New Years Eve!!!

marty