ocba - [ocba] Golden Achievement Program

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Golden Achievement Program
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 09:41:10 -0500

Hello Beekeepers,
Each year the NCSBA Golden Achievement Program  recognizes NCSBA Chapters that have made significant accomplishments in support of North Carolina beekeeping over the past year.  Every NCSBA Chapter is eligible for  recognition.  Points are given for various Chapter activities and accomplishments.  Chapters submit their accomplishments from the past year to the Program Coordinating Team for review in February of each year.

OCBA has been recognized as a Golden Achievement Chapter for the last 2 years and I am beginning the process of putting our 2011 application together and I need your help on this.  I need to know what YOU have done this year to support beekeeping in NC.  Todd Walker has put a nifty little form on our website that will make it easy for you to let us know what you have done this year.  All you have to do is fill it out online and hit the submit button.

If you did ANY of the following things this year please tell us about them:
1.  Gave a presentation at schools, 4H, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, civic clubs, church groups or for other local groups & events.
2.  Gave a presentation at local, state, regional or national beekeeping event or for other Chapters.
3.  Authored a local newspaper article on beekeeping.
4.  Were featured on a local television or radio on beekeeping topics.
5.  Did fundraising in support of charitable activities, such as sponsoring a student beekeeper or give-away hives.
6.  Representing your Chapter in another community service program (State Fair, Magic Wings, Piedmont Wildlife Refuge, Eno River Fest).
7.  Attended a NCSBA Annual Spring or Summer meetings.
8.  Published an article about your Chapter and its activities.
9.  Attended a national or international bee keeping meeting.
10.  Hold state association office or serve on NCSBA board/committee.
11.  NEW Certified beekeeper this year.
12.  NEW Journeyman beekeeper this year.
13.  NEW Master beekeeper this year.
14.  NEW Master Craftsman or Renewal.
15.  First, Second, Third Place ribbon winner in Bee-related category.
16.  Winner of Best-in-show for beekeeping and honey-related categories.
17.  Fundraising in support of the permanent beekeeping exhibit at the NC Zoo.
18.  Legislative activities supporting beekeeping (letter writing to Congress, visit with legislators, etc.)
19.  Other creative things you have done to promote beekeeping.

I asked Randall Austin to do a little test of the system the other day just to make sure the form would do what we needed.  He submitted 12 items!  Just off the top of my head I know of many many folks who have items to submit and suspect there is plenty of stuff that I don't know about.  Folks that I KNOW have items to submit (just off the top of my head) include Dave Eckert, David Langham, Chris Richmond, The Laudemans, The Metzgers, Elizabeth Prattson, Anne Cable, The Hokes, Gayle Young, Geneva Green, Inga Kautzmann, Todd Walker, John Harrell, Mary Dietz, The Savages, Tom Carson, Angie Frizzell, Liz Lindsey, Barbara Beechwood, Annallys Goodwin-Landher, John Wallace, Watty Bowes, Greg Yavelok, Barbara Green, Dick Merritt, Lizbeth Collins...You get the point.  We did tons of great work this year!  Now the challenge is to document it so that we might be recognized for our efforts.

  • [ocba] Golden Achievement Program, Lewis Cauble, 12/04/2011