ocba - Re: [ocba] Telling a mated from an unmated queen

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: annallys Goodwin-Landher <annallys AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Telling a mated from an unmated queen
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:31:51 -0500

Hi Randall,

No drones.  The hive with brood were just capped, no eggs or larvae.  Seems to be good stores of pollen, just not as much as I've seen in the past.  All three hives workers are still bringing in pollen.  Pollen may be the source of the problem as I took a frame of pollen from each of the stronger hives in August to help the smallest one.

Yes, the changes in populations and behavior between the hives year to year keeps me on my toes.

Regards,

Annallys Goodwin-Landher
PO Box 2744
Chapel Hill, NC 27515