ocba - Re: [ocba] antibacterial honey

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: annallys Goodwin-Landher <annallys AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] antibacterial honey
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:29:44 -0400

Hi,

I used honey the last time my cat was in a fight and the wound was open.  I irrigated it to get the pus out, flushed it with water and then packed it with honey.  It prevented a trip to the vet and she healed up just fine

FYI Germany has found that either bachelor buttons or sweet william ( I'll have to refer to my notes on a guenter Hauk workshop to get the right flowering plant - unfortunately in storage) produce an antibacterial property in honey that may be comparable to Manuka.  Manuka can also be used for ulcers.

Annallys Goodwin-Landher
PO Box 2744
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
919 933-9109