ocba - [ocba] Where are the bees in the field??

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Zac Morris <zac AT zacwolf.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Where are the bees in the field??
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:39:51 -0400

This is my first year beekeeping in Durham, and if ya wanna see Durham bees visit the new Pelican Snow Cones place on Roxboro Road! ;-)

It's about a mile from my house, so I can't tell if the bees are "mine" or not.  I've been feeding my bees syrup this summer just to grow the hive, so they've probably developed quite a taste for the sugar water they use on the snow cones.  I went a few days over on feeding them, and I think that's when they found Pelican SnowCones.  Pelicans is being really good about it, just trying to keep the tables wiped, instead of using pesticides; but I'm hoping it doesn't become too much a nuisance for them.

  • [ocba] Where are the bees in the field??, Zac Morris, 08/15/2011