ocba - [ocba] Fwd: OCLocal programs at the library

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: john harrell <johnharrell666 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: OCLocal programs at the library
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:21:05 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Jessica Arnold" <jarnold AT co.orange.nc.us>
Date: Jun 22, 2011 3:45 PM
Subject: OCLocal programs at the library
To: <johnharrell666 AT gmail.com>, <mtwalker AT imageray.net>, <elizabeth.b.collins AT gmail.com>, <dickmerritt AT mindspring.com>

Hello –

I am the new Adult Programming Coordinator at the Orange County Main Library, and I am in the process of putting together a series of talks, hosted at the library, in cooperation with area growers, gardeners and farmer’s markets.  The first event, Grown Green, is scheduled for July 18th – I’ve included the poster with some information about the event.  My vision for these events is that we could have panels of 3-5 individuals – including local growers, bakers, farmers market vendors, chefs, restaurateurs, and beekeepers along with anyone else who would have a valuable viewpoint on what we eat, grow and create here in the Orange County area.  I would like to host a panel discussion at the library (open to the public of course) once per month, each with a different topic.  July’s Grown Green will be focusing on fruits and veggies, while August’s Raised Right will encompass the animals (and perhaps insects) that we keep and raise for food here in the county.  I have been in contact with folks who raise chickens, cows and goats…and I was wondering if there are any beekeepers who would like to participate in August’s panel.  I know that the residents of the area are very keen to know where there food comes from and even how to grow/prepare their own, and would love to have a handful of diverse ‘experts’ to toss their questions at.

If you would be interested in participating in one of our panels, let me know  - we’d love to have you!  Or, if you know someone who would be a good fit, pass along their contact information so I can cajole them into sharing their expertise with us.

Thank you for your time – I look forward to hearing from you!

Jessica Arnold

Adult Programming Coordinator

Orange County Public Library

jarnold AT co.orange.nc.us

919-245-2525

  • [ocba] Fwd: OCLocal programs at the library, john harrell, 06/22/2011