ocba - [ocba] Queen Breeding Coop Webinar

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: David Eckert <daveckert AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Queen Breeding Coop Webinar
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 20:35:39 -0400

I saw in Brushy Mountains June E-Flier that they're going to be hosting a webinar on Queen Breeding Coops this month with NC's own David Tarpy.  It sounds like an interesting topic.  I thought others might be interested as well.  The info from the E-Flier is below.

Dave

There is a two hour webinar on June 21th at 7:00P.M. EST. If you joined me for the last webinar, you briefly heard about the Plymouth County Beekeepers club run queen breeding program. There are many in the industry that are encouraging club, or small group, organized and run breeding programs to produce local stock. However, this is easier said than done. To help understand the issues of such a program, I will be joined by Dr. David Tarpy, Fred Boucher, and Bill Cullity. Dave Tarpy has been working to get programs similar to Plymouth County's running in North Carolina. He is also one of the industries most well respected researchers studying queen breeding. Dave will spend the first portion discussing the finer points and important factors of breeding a high quality queen. Then we will go to Massachusetts to hear from Fred and Bill to discuss how the Plymouth club has designed and implemented their queen program. We will then conclude with a panel discussion focusing on queen breeding.

The focus of this webinar will be how small groups can organize to breed local and regional queen stock. If you are a leader of a club or have a group of motivated friends, this is a must see webinar. The quality of your queen is one of the most important factors in successful beekeeping. Like all our webinars it is free but advanced registration is required.

____

Queen Breeding Coops

This is a must see webinar for anyone interested in breeding queen. The focus will be how to raise quality queens as a group. I will be joined by Dr. David Tarpy and Plymouth County Beekeepers who have successfully implemented a club queen breeding program.

Title: Queen Breeding Coops
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM EST

The webinar is free; however, space is limited and advanced registration is required. Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/602672506

  • [ocba] Queen Breeding Coop Webinar, David Eckert, 06/02/2011