ocba - [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest research

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: bees Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest research
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 22:42:47 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David R. Tarpy" <david_tarpy AT ncsu.edu>
Date: October 7, 2010 11:43:37 AM EDT
To: County Listserv <ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org>
Cc: NCSBA Committee Executive <ncsba-list AT rtpnet.org>
Subject: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest research

Hi everyone,

I'm sure many of you have seen the recent media articles on the latest research about CCD, such as:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/07/science/07bees.html?_r=1&ref=science

Many of these articles are implying, if not outright stating, that the cause of CCD has been conclusively determined. My next online research review (http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/entomology/apiculture/Research_reviews.html) will cover this new paper and the topic of CCD in general, but at this point the scientific community has not yet concluded whether or not the current evidence sufficiently answers the mystery of CCD. It is good, however, that the media has once again shone its spotlight on the plight of honey bees.

Sincerely, David

******************************
David R. Tarpy
Associate Professor and Extension Apiculturist
Department of Entomology, Campus Box 7613
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7613
TEL: (919) 515-1660
FAX: (919) 515-7746