ocba - Re: [ocba] New findings in colony collapse

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Natalie Sadler MD <nsadler AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Sara Marion <slmarion AT earthlink.net>, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] New findings in colony collapse
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:51:33 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Interesting article. My question is if a virus and fungus may be causing
problems, what is affecting the honey bee's immune system to make them
susceptable? I think these microbes are not the real problem, they are the
messenger for a deeper issue.

My bees in Carrboro are not going to places that they went last year. Come to
find out those places now have WiFi. I think there are many things causing
problems for the bees.
Natalie Sadler