ocba - [ocba] OCBA Officers

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA Officers
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:22:12 -0400

Hello Beekeepers,
We're coming up on that time of the year when we elect new officers for OCBA.  We won't do it this month but we will do it at our November meeting.  This is the time for us to be thinking about nominations to bring to the November meeting.  In November we will be electing a new President, Vive-President, and 3 new directors.  Our Secretary, Lizbeth Collins, and Treasurer, Dick Merritt, have agreed to continue in their roles for another year.

Below is a section from our By-Laws describing the job duties of all of the officers.  Please read them over and think about where you can help OCBA continue to thrive and grow.

Lewis

 ARTICLE 9
 (DUTIES OF OFFICERS)
SECTION 1:  PRESIDENT:  The President shall preside at all meetings of the Chapter using regular
parliamentary usage and Robert's Rules of Order.  This officer shall appoint such special committees as
is deemed necessary, fill vacancies on any office, and perform such other duties as the Chapter may
direct.  The President will be authorized to make deposits and disburse all monies, should the Treasurer
be unable to perform those duties.  The President shall be an active member of the NCSBA.

SECTION 2:  VICE-PRESIDENT:  It shall be the duty of the Vice President to perform those duties of
the President in his or her absence, or upon the President's request.  If the Vice President is unable to
perform this duty in the absence of the President, then the Vice President may appoint any member to
act in his or her stead.
The Vice-President, with the assistance of the Directors will make the necessary arrangement for
programs and secure speakers for same.  When directed by the Chapter, he/she will secure a meeting
place and make necessary arrangements for the regular meetings.
 The Vice President shall be an active member of the NCSBA.

SECTION 3:  SECRETARY:  The Secretary shall record the minutes and the proceedings of the
Chapter at each regular and/or called meetings and any special group activities.  The Secretary shall be
an active member of the NCSBA.  The Secretary's duties further include:
 a.  Assist the President and others in notifying the membership five to eight days prior to
meetings.
 b.  Use the media to inform the general public in a timely manner of meetings, also activities of
special interest.
 c.  Maintain complete files of the minutes, Constitution and By-Laws and rules of policy.
 d.  Protect and preserve the Chapter charter granted by the NCSBA.
 e.  Maintain files of all communications including both correspondence and publications.
 f.  In cooperation with the President, arrange for a substitute if it becomes necessary to be
absent from the duties of Secretary.
 g.  At the end of the term of office deliver all files, records and Chapter property to the
successor.

SECTION 4:  TREASURER:  The Treasurer shall collect and receive all monies generated from
membership dues, sales of goods, gifts, special activities or from any other source.  Such monies shall
be fully protected in a proper and timely method.  Disbursements will be promptly made to cover
membership dues to the NCSBA Treasurer including the necessary information as to new or renewal
memberships.  The Treasurer will also make prompt remittance to cover authorized invoices.
(Authorization for expenditures result from the Chapter approved Budget or from special vote of the
Executive Committee and/or a Chapter meeting.)  The Treasurer shall be an active member of the
NCSBA.  The Treasurers duties further include:
 a.  Maintain full and accurate records showing the receipts and disbursements of all monies.
 b.  Issue Local Membership cards (if used) and maintain an accurate membership list.
 c.  Notify all members after December 31 who are delinquent in payment of dues and seek to
restore their membership.
 d.  Promptly inform the NCSBA Treasurer when death occurs or changes occur in mailing
address and telephone numbers of the membership.
 e.  The books shall be closed prior to each regular January meeting and a complete report on the
financial standings given to the Chapter at that time.
 f.  As a Chapter of the NCSBA, which has a 501-C 5 status, filing information returns with the
Internal Revenue Service may not be needed.
 g.  Maintain a complete inventory of the Chapter's properties, location and estimated value.
This inventory will be verified and updated each year at the time the financial books are closed for the
fiscal year and a complete report given the Chapter at its regular January meeting.
 h.  Serve as custodian of the Chapter's properties, preserving all receipts, titles and other
documents as proof of ownership.
 i.  The books and records are subject to unannounced audits by the Audit Committee.
 j.  Deliver all books and documents to the successor at the end of term of office, having had
them audited at this time.

SECTION 5:  Directors:  The Directors will assist the Vice-President in the planning of programs and
field days.  The Directors will also serve as the Auditing Committee.

Mortgage Rates Hit 3.25%
SeeRefinanceRates.com

  • [ocba] OCBA Officers, Lewis Cauble, 10/13/2010