ocba - [ocba] Honey Gift Basket Fair Entry

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Eva Hoke <eva.hoke AT duke.edu>
  • To: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • Cc: "undisclosed-recipients:" <"undisclosed-recipients:"@notes.duke.edu>, ocba-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org, NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Honey Gift Basket Fair Entry
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 09:05:07 -0400

We would like to enter an item into the 'gift basket' competition in the State Fair as we did last year. I will be happy to put it together , but would like to have contributions for the basket. All will be returned, and great care is taken in transport and exhibiting the basket. Please bring items that could be used in the basket this Thursday to the meeting. We will then see what we have and create our entry.
Items that may be used include: things with bees on them: books, stationery, hand towels, honey dippers, etc.
We all have so many things with bees on them that can enrich the entry.
Jars of honey will be included, candles, products that include honey: mustard, nuts, candy, etc., are great additions.
soaps, lotions, etc.
These are just a few of the things that are appropriate.
The basket is judged on items, arrangement, portability, originality, and availability of items in the basket.
Please make an inventory of your items, place your name on the item that you donate, and it will be returned to you after the fair. The fair runs through the last part of October, so will not be returned until November meeting. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
So don't forget to bring your items on Thursday, Sept 9th, meeting starts at 7pm this month.
Thanks, Eva

Eva E. Hoke, Data Coordinator II
CALGB Statistical Center, Data Operations
2424 Erwin Road, Suite 802
Durham, NC 27705
Phone: (919) 668-9353
Fax: (919) 668-9348
Email: eva.hoke AT duke.edu

E-submit: Receive instant confirmation of data submission.
For more information go to:
CALGB participants --
https://training.calgb.org/esubmitcalgbjobaid/
CTSU participants --
https://training.calgb.org/esubmitctsujobaid/

  • [ocba] Honey Gift Basket Fair Entry, Eva Hoke, 09/08/2010