ocba - Re: [ocba] no brood

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Watson Bowes <wbowes AT gmail.com>
  • To: Mary Lou Bethune <marylou909 AT bellsouth.net>
  • Cc: bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] no brood
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:57:49 -0400

My two hives have a similar problem and have had for the entire summer- lots of bees, minimal brood, not much honey storage in the single supers on the two hives.  I have been unable to locate the queen in either hive, allthough with so many bees in each hive for so long, I assume there is a laying queen somewhere in the neighborhood.

Watty Bowes