ocba - [ocba] OCBA Meets Thursday, May 13. NEW VENUE!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: bees County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA Meets Thursday, May 13. NEW VENUE!
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 23:15:05 -0400

Hello Beekeepers,
Orange County will no longer allow groups to use the Ag Extension building in Hillsborough for meetings at night or on weekends unless a staff member is present.  This month we will be meeting at The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Hillsborough (aka UUCH).  The address is 1710 Old NC 10 in Hillsborough and the directions may be found here.  It's on the corner of Old NC 10 and Lawrence Road.

Our program this month will be presented by Betsy Kemptor and Geneva Green.  Betsy will talk about the co-evolution of plants and pollinators and Geneva will be sharing her extensive list of important bee plants.  I hope we will also vote on our new by-laws.  I will also have the remainder of the equipment donated by Dr. Blake Alexander to auction off.

Don't forget that The Piedmont Wildlife Center Festival for Wildlife is this Saturday.  OCBA will have a table and we hope to have our bee gazebo set up.  We will need volunteers to man that on Saturday.  The following weekend OCBA will do the same thing at The Museum of Life and Science in Durham for the Butterfly Bash.  We will also be at the Farm to Fork Picnic on Sunday, May 23.  Lots of opportunities to take our bees to the public this month!  Please pitch in on these efforts!

We will meet at The Village Diner in Hillsborough at 6 for dinner before the meeting.  Please join us if you are able.

Attached are the minutes from last month's meeting.

  • [ocba] OCBA Meets Thursday, May 13. NEW VENUE!, Lewis Cauble, 05/11/2010