ocba - Re: [ocba] Supersedures

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Brian and Lanette Fee <fee AT sprintmail.com>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Supersedures
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:04:38 -0400

Hi
I just wanted to add that this is exactly the kind of research that David Tarpy at NC State is working on.  We heard some preliminary results from his research on various queen breeders.  The queens were well mated, but it seems some of the sperm from the drones was not viable.  He is looking at possible causes for this.  I think you can read more about his research at the NC State website.
Thanks
geneva