ocba - [ocba] Hello the list!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Catherine Adamson <cadamson AT alumni.unc.edu>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Hello the list!
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:56:52 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member by way of this year's bee school, and just wanted to send a quick hello email to everyone.

I installed my first package on Saturday, with only two stings suffered - one each for me and my co-beekeeper.  My fingertip is still swollen and hot two days later as the sting broke off and some of it is still embedded.  Co-keeper was not as lucky - she was stung behind the ear and had some bilateral pain and swelling (including well away from the sting) in response.  Her ears still feel like she needs to "pop" them to relieve pressure, but she's feeling much better.  Well, we've both been tested by the girls and hopefully they've "got our scent" now.

Haven't opened the hive back up since installation, but plenty of activity out front and a solid hum are apparent.  Going to check tomorrow afternoon to be sure the queen is released.

Cheers,
-Catherine