ocba - Re: [ocba] Hive in bad shape

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Hive in bad shape
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:41:05 -0500

Jane,
I'm not sure what the white flecks are.  Only thing that comes to mind would be wax particles.  I have seen plenty of those this year with mice moving into my hives.  If they are wax particles, that may also indicate robbing.  Hard to say.

I guess they only thing I can say for sure about the bees is that they are highly variable.  I see people who do everything right and suffer loses.  I also see folks who do everything wrong and the bees thrive.  It's just part of the game.

Cheers,

Lewis