ocba - [ocba] OCBA Meeting Thursday, Dec 10

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA Meeting Thursday, Dec 10
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:04:45 -0500

Hello Beekeepers,
We will be meeting this Thursday night for our holiday covered dish dinner. We'll start setting up at 6 and we'll eat at 6:30. Will Hicks will be joining us to tell us a little about Eastern Apicultural Society. Bring food to share and stories of your year in the beeyard. There will also be an optional gift exchange for folks who would like to participate. Simply bring a little something (under $10 please) to exchange.

It's time to renew your membership in OCBA and NCSBA. Our new Treasurer, Dick Merritt, has put together a form to simplify the process for everyone. You should find a copy of the form attached to this email. Simply print it, fill it out, and bring it to the meeting. If you are unable to make it to the meeting, Dick has included his mailing address on the form. Simply drop it in the mail to him and you are good to go until this time next year. Dick will also have extra copies at the meeting on Thursday.

Please be thinking about programs for next year and let us know what direction you would like to go. If you or someone you know would like to do a program, please let us know. If you have something in particular that you would like us to track down, let us know about that as well. Bee school will be happening in January, February, and March so we will be folding our meeting in with the bee school on the 2nd Thursday of those months. For January, John Ambrose will be with us to talk about the history of beekeeping. In February, Will Hicks will be talking to the students about getting started. In March, Don Will be doing a program on pests and disease. Please come to bee school on these nights and find a new beekeeper to adopt and help through their first year!

See you Thursday!

Nutrition
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/c?cp=bkNeLC41CoONk5DxaCunxwAAJ1H59Ihbrm1K7qbkTQM97gAsAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASQwAAAAA=

  • [ocba] OCBA Meeting Thursday, Dec 10, Lewis Cauble, 12/06/2009