ocba - [ocba] Early Report from the State Fair

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <Lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Early Report from the State Fair
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:28:56 -0400

Hello Beekeepers,
Gayle, Connie, and I set up the OCBA display yesterday and it's looking very nice. We certainly have some stiff competition from Wake. Our's certainly will score high in the originality department. I'm at the fair right now observing the judging from a distance and will try to stay until the bitter end to let you know how it turns out. So far, Geneva has brought home a blue ribbon with her 12 honey plants display and I squeaked a 4th place for a frame of honey to be extracted. There is a panel of folks scoring the foods while another group is judging honey. Someone else is looking at photographs. As far as I can gather, judging of all of the categories goes pretty late in to the night and the county displays are one of the last things to be judged.

I'll keep you up to date as things develop.

Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/BLSrjpYSwrEiZ1Ni9qLdYu4Cmn64TfAThiTagDlvbxL5m8QjEWMVjjREnOw/

JPEG image

Cheers,