ocba - Re: [ocba] Yet Another Swarm

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: Undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Cc: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Yet Another Swarm
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:37:34 -0400

One theory is that the acre of buckwheat spurred a late summer jump. I won't be getting any excess honey from the buckwheat, but it looks like I'm getting extra bees.

My other theory is that I have picked up a few too many random swarms over the last 2 years and my yard may be weighted a little too heavy with bees that tend to swarm. It's certainly a yard full of mutts.

Lewis